2.1 Multi Agency Safeguarding Arrangements
AMENDMENTIn June 2022, local information for Wakefield was updated.
The Children and Social Work Act 2017 provided for the replacement of Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) with multi-agency arrangements, led by the three safeguarding partners:
- The local authority chief executive;
- The accountable officer of a Integrated Care Board;
- A chief officer of police.
Working Together to Safeguard Children provides the statutory guidance for the three safeguarding partners, who are required to make joint safeguarding decisions to meet the needs of local children and families. The partners are jointly responsible for publishing local plans to keep children safe and improve their wellbeing.
Please see below to access information on the multi agency safeguarding arrangements which are in place across the West Yorkshire region:
- Bradford Safeguarding Partnership - Working Together to Safeguard Children, the Bradford Partnership;
- Calderdale Safeguarding Children Partnership - Multi Agency Safeguarding Arrangements;
- Kirklees Safeguarding Children Partnership - Partnership Arrangements;
- Leeds Safeguarding Children Partnership - Multi Agency Safeguarding Arrangements;
- Wakefield Safeguarding Children Partnership - Arrangements.